COPYRIGHT

No images may be copied, reproduced or distributed in any manner without written permission. I will grant you permission to link or post any of my images on your site as long as you credit it and link back. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2021, Corina S. Alvarezdelugo, unless otherwise labeled.

29.11.09

recent works using copper

I've been working on these two 12" x 12" paintings, they are done on copper sheets mounted on wood composite. I painted on them using vinegar, sea salt, and acrylic paint and applying over transferred images. Here are the results so far...


Earthbound I and II
mixed media

Private collection
© Corina S. Alvarezdelugo

This is the first time I work on copper sheets and didn't really know how to approach it. So, I use materials that I thought would react with the copper and the results are great. I just love the blue-green tones. Any other suggestions?


Please, feel free to leave your comments....

2 comments:

  1. interesting, where did you get the copper sheets corina?
    love the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mo, this type I used here I buy them at the local art store, but I'm sure you'll be able to buy them online. For thicker sheets you might need to go to a welding supplier. Hope this helps!

      Delete