COPYRIGHT

No images may be copied, reproduced or distributed in any manner without written permission. I will grant you permission to link or post any of my images on your site as long as you credit it and link back. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2021, Corina S. Alvarezdelugo, unless otherwise labeled.

14.6.09

About "Celebrate HerStory 2009"

As promise, here is my update on this exhibition...

Jurors,
Janice Sands (Executive Director of Pen and Brush Galleries in New York City) and Renée Phillips (Founder and Director of Manhattan Arts International and member of the International Association of Art Critics) selected the three sculptures I submitted for the show as Best in Sculpture, among with other six from six other artists. As you can see, there were only 9 sculptures chosen from which three are mine, so I'm very pleased about it!!! You can view the selected artworks by clicking on Best in Sculpture at http://www.manhattanarts.com/Gallery

And... to top it up,
I received a second place cash award for my sculpture work. Here is what juror Renee Phillips said about it on her statement: "I selected Corina S. Alvarezdelugo for the $75 Cash Award because her sculpture addresses HerStory with bold simplicity and versatility."

On Renee Phillip's letter to me it reads: "Congratulations! Your entries were outstanding and both Janice Sands and I were in agreement about selecting your work for the "Celebrate HerStory" online group exhibition on the Manhattan Arts website... After putting up the online exhibition I (Renee Phillips) took time visiting each wiener's website and upon seeing the rest of your work, it was clear you should receive one of the Manhattan Arts International special awards..."

To read more about Renee Phillips' Statement go to: http://www.manhattanarts.com/Gallery/HerStory2009/ReneeStatement.htm


You can view the "Celebrate HerStory 2009" online exhibition until September 10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Corina,
    Thank you for mentioning your HerStory award on your wonderful blog. You are extremely talented. Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing you recent work.
    All the best,
    Renee Phillips
    Manhattan Arts International

    ReplyDelete