COPYRIGHT

No images may be copied, reproduced or distributed in any manner without written permission. I will grant you permission to link or post any of my images on your site as long as you credit it and link back. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2021, Corina S. Alvarezdelugo, unless otherwise labeled.

11.3.09

As Promise!

I have forgotten that I've said I'll be posting the piece I was working on about Darfur when it was ready, so here it is...

After watching the documentary "Darfur Now" about the genocide in Sudan's western region of Darfur, I felt the need to portray what I had just seen into a painting. I don't have the possibilities to help the people in Darfur in any other way than through my art, and by doing so I hope to help to spread the message so they can get the help they need.


As you can see in my mixed media painting, I was impress by so many women and children, and how this women have taken the law in their hands to protect their families, fighting back to reclaim their "lovely Darfur" (as a women would call it on the documentary.)

There is so much contrast in the region where this people have been forced to find refuge, such a barren soil against the many children, and the women's colorful dresses against so much suffering and pain, next to all the love and courage by these women… and the guns!

To create my "Lovely Darfur" I used acrylic paints,
wood chips, transferred images, paper, glue, encaustic medium and encaustuc paint.
Copyright 2009 by Corina S. Alvarezdelugo
Available for Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment